United States NFL team the Dallas Cowboys have retained their spot as the most valuable sports team in the world.
Forbes released its annual list of the most valuable sports team with NFL side retaining the top spot.
Manchester United gained more ground this year as the club leapt frogged Real Madrid and Barcelona to become the 3rd most valuable team in the world with a value of $3.69 billion.
The Dallas Cowboy is not just the most valuable sports team in the world but also had a 5% increase in their value and were followed by the New York Yankees in the second spot.
NFL side Los Angeles Rams gained more ground than any other team as they moved into the 12th spot from outside the top 50 spot with a value of $2.9 billion after their relocation to Los Angeles from St Louis
Forbes senior editor revealed that relocation enhances the value of a lot of NFL teams.
29 spots in the top 50 were occupied by NFL teams as only the Buffalo Bills, the Cincinnati Bengals and Detroit Lions were not included in the final list.
However, no Formula One, Ice Hockey or NASCAR team made the final list.
The top 10 Sports Team
- Dallas Cowboys $4.2bn (£3.26bn) American football
- New York Yankees $3.7bn (£2.87bn) baseball
- Manchester United $3.69bn (£2.86bn) football
- Barcelona $3.64bn (£2.82bn) football
- Real Madrid $3.58bn (£2.78bn) football
- New England Patriots $3.4bn (£2.64bn) American football
- New York Knicks $3.3bn (£2.56bn) basketball
- New York Giants $3.1bn (£2.4bn) American football
- San Francisco 49ers $3bn (£2.33bn) American football
- Los Angeles Lakers $3bn (£2.33bn) basketball